At Candler School, we are a family of learners. We respect and care about each other. This is who we are, even when no one is watching.
Buncombe County Schools' Mission Statement
The mission of Buncombe County Schools is to collaborate with stakeholders to provide a safe, caring, rigorous and engaging learning environment that prepares all students to be Career and College Ready.
Buncombe County Schools' Vision Statement
Buncombe County Schools’ students will reach their full potential and become successful, responsible citizens in a diverse, global society.
Buncombe County Schools' Core Beliefs
1. We exist to foster the development and well-being of the whole child.
2. All students can and will learn when instruction is engaging, rigorous and individualized.
3. Learning environments must be safe and supportive, with equity of opportunities for personal growth.
4. Understanding and respecting diversity enriches the individual and the community.
5. Success requires shared responsibility, collaboration and communication among all staff, families, students, and the community.
6. Resource allocation must reflect our mission, vision and beliefs.
7. Data-driven, continuous improvement requires accountability, commitment and responsible leadership.