Clyde A. Erwin Middle School (CAEMS) is located off of Leicester Highway in Asheville, North Carolina. It is housed in the building that was originally Clyde A. Erwin High School which was built in 1955. The name Clyde A. Erwin was given in recognition of Clyde A. Erwin who was a state board of education member and North Carolina state superintendent of public instruction from 1934 – 1952.
Our school is made up of 7th and 8th grade students from Eblen Intermediate School. The Intermediate School has students from the five district elementary schools; Emma, Johnston, West Buncombe, Leicester, and Woodfin Elementary. Approximately 850 students attend Clyde A. Erwin Middle School.