Parent Teacher Organization
The objectives of the W.D. Williams Elementary P.T.O. are:
1. To promote the well being of children in the home, school, and community.
2. To bring parents into closer relationships with teaching staff and administration.
3. To support laws and policies for the care and protection of children.
4. To conduct fundraising activities to enrich the educational environment.
5. To provide a variety of educational and enrichment activities.
1. the objectives of this Organization shall be promoted through
programs directed toward parents, teachers, and the general public;
shall be developed cooperatively through conferences, committees and
projects; and shall be in compliance with the basic policies set forth
in these Article of Organization and Bylaws.
Section 2. This Organization shall be noncommercial, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan.
3. This Organization shall not directly or indirectly participate or
intervene in any way, in any political campaign on behalf of, or in
opposition to any candidate for public office.
4. This Organization shall work with the school to provide quality
educational opportunities for all children, and shall strive to
participate in the decision-making process establishing school policy.
Section 5. This Organization may cooperate with other organization and agencies that are active in providing child services.
6. No part of the net earnings of this Organization shall inure to the
benefit of, or be distributable to its members, directors, trustees,
officers, or other private persons; except that the Organization shall
be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services
rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the
purposes set for in Article II hereof.
7. In the even of the dissolution of this Organization, after paying
or adequately providing for the debts and obligations of the
Organization, the remaining assets shall be distributed for one or more
of the exempt purposes specified in Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal
Revenue Service Code of January 1992, as form time to time amended.
further information on Articles concerning membership, officers,
elections, duties of officers, executive board, meetings, standing and
special committees, parliamentary authority, amendments, and fiscal year
contact the P.T.O. President.