Cane Creek Media Center Policy and Procedures
Media Center Visits
- Bring your agenda signed in ink.
- Please sign in at the Student Sign In computer on the cart by the fire extinguisher.
- If the agenda is not signed, you will be sent back to your class.
- Opens: 7:15 AM
- Closes: 3:30 PM
Media Center Policies
- Before School: You will need a pass. Passes are given at the end of school for the next day only. See the media staff.
- During School: Either with your teacher or with your Agenda/Pass.
- After School: With permission of media staff or note from teacher.
Food and Drinks
- Enter/Leave the media center in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Quiet conversations are okay as part of your research.
- You will be asked to leave if you are too loud or just socializing.
- Please bring your agenda with your bar code to check out books.
- You are allowed to check out up to three (4) books at a time.
- You may keep the books for two (3) weeks (15 school days).
- You may renew books once unless there is a hold on it.
- Never give your book(s) to a teacher or another student to return to the media center---You are responsible for them.
- Make sure you take a DATE DUE SLIP located on the circulation counter.
Return books to the designated book drop slot located at the circulation desk in the media center.
- Students are allowed to check out magazines, but must be returned the following morning before/during homeroom.
- If you need to copy an article from a reference book or magazine, ask the media center staff to make you a copy.
- Students are encouraged to come to the media center and read magazines and newspapers.
- Students are allowed to check out reference materials after school only. Books are to be returned during homeroom on the following day during homeroom. There is a $1.00 per day overdue fine for late reference books.
- Online card catalog.
- Title Peek-Shows the cover of the book
Late Return and Lost Books Policies
- Fines are five cents ($0.05) per school day
- If you are absent or school is closed due to inclement weather, no fine will be charged.
- You are responsible for returning your book(s).
- If you lose a book you will be charged the amount it will cost to replace the book.
- If the book is found, you may return the book to the media center for a refund.
- If you damage a book, you will have to pay damage fees.
- Wet books: If you return a wet book to the media center, you will have to pay to replace the book.
Windows 8 Login Information
- User Name = Student ID# [Lunch Number]
- Password = YYYYMMDD
- Computers in the media center are for school-related research, word processing and PowerPoint only.
- No Teacher = No computer lab usage.
- Inappropriate use of computers and personal devices will result in a loss of Internet privileges.
- Students will not be charged to print or copy materials when it is related to school work.
- Copy and paste, if possible, to help save paper and ink.
- Email yourself the link so that you can look over the website at home.
- Confirm printing with your teacher or media staff before printing.
- Ask your teacher or media staff to copy any material.
- Students are to ALWAYS abide the U.S. Copyright Laws!
- Copyright Resource
- Give credit where credit is due
- Students are not allowed to bring DVD’s or VHS tapes to school.
- For school related items.
- 9 AM to Noon on Tuesday and Thursdays.
- Leave materials, we can do it for you.