October 12th – Health Fair
October 14th - Title I Parent Information Session 8:00-9:00am
October 16th – Fall Picture Day
October 20th - ESL Open House Night 6:00pm
October 26th – Teacher Work Day (No School for Students)
October 27th – Teacher Work Day (No School for Students)
For the safety of our students, if your student arrives at school after 7:50 (when the tardy bell rings), an adult is required to walk the child(ren) in and sign them in at the office. Please do not drop students off to sign-in without adult supervision.
Candler Mission Statement
Candler Elementary School Staff, parents, and community will work together to ensure that all our students are prepared to continue on the path toward college and a career of their choosing. Stakeholders will collaborate to create and maintain a safe, caring, rigorous, and engaging learning environment to fulfill our mission. Central to this mission is our revised school promise:
Candler School Promise
At Candler School, we are a family of life-long learners. We will show Caring, positive Attitude, Teamwork and Self-Control. We are the Candler CATS even when no one is watching.
The mission of Buncombe County Schools is to collaborate with stakeholders to provide a safe, caring, rigorous and engaging learning environment that prepares all students to be Career and College Ready.
Buncombe County Schools'
Buncombe County Schools’ students will reach their full potential and become successful, responsible citizens in a diverse, global society.
Buncombe County Schools' Core Beliefs
1. We exist to foster
the development and well-being of the whole child.
2. All students can and will learn when instruction is engaging, rigorous and individualized.
3. Learning environments must be safe and supportive, with equity of opportunities for personal growth.
4. Understanding and respecting diversity enriches the individual and the community.
5. Success requires shared responsibility, collaboration and communication among all staff, families, students, and the community.
6. Resource allocation must reflect our mission, vision and beliefs.
7. Data-driven, continuous improvement requires accountability, commitment and responsible leadership.